Recruitment can be a frustrating and time-consuming exercise. How do you search for staff to fill your permanent or short term vacancies? Do you spend hours designing and writing an advertisement, then spend hundreds, maybe thousands of pounds advertising in local papers? This is one way to find new staff, but what if it doesn’t yield the right kind of candidates? You may have to re-advertise week after week, spending much more money than you had budgeted for.
You will almost certainly receive many CV’s in response to any advert placed, but a high percentage of applicants will not have the experience or qualifications you require. Sorting through CV’s and replying to all of the respondents is a long process, taking up valuable time. BGA saves you time, and will save you money.
Using BGA is not just far easier than going through the laborious process of doing it yourself, it usually costs around the same, or even less. Here are some of the aspects to consider in your busy schedule just to fill one vacancy:
1. Writing an advert – correctly wording an advert with the exact requirements necessary can take time to do.
2. Designing an advert – once you have decided on the advert text layout, you will need to design the actual advert including logos, telephone numbers etc. Different publications may offer different sizes of adverts in their situations vacant sections, this may mean designing two or three different sizes and layouts.
3. Arranging for publication – this will include talking to the different newspapers, discussing prices and deadlines. You will then need to arrange for purchase orders or credit card payments.
4. Sorting CV’s –you will receive many CV’s; some may fit your criteria, most will not. You will also receive many phone calls from candidates wishing to enquire about the vacancy. Candidates may also apply or call on a speculative basis. This can take longer than simply scanning through CV’s.
5. Selecting a shortlist – Once you have a shortlist, you may want to talk to the candidates to make sure that they definitely meet your selection criteria, this could be an informal chat or a specially prepared telephone interview. After talking to these candidates, interview appointments to meet with the candidates will be arranged.
6. Advising the unlucky ones – A good recruitment agency will advise those applicants who have not made it to the interview stage, though some organisations or agencies may not.
7. Time consuming process - All of the above consumes your valuable time.
There are also further costs to bear in mind. Advertising, for example, can be very expensive and the results vary widely depending on which publication is used. You may have to advertise using newspapers, specialist magazines and Internet sites. Adding up the time and money involved, you can see why many companies use recruitment agencies.
BGA saves you time and will save you money in the recruitment process.
Call BGA today to find out how much time and money we could save you.
For enquiries or questions please email us or ring 0800 292 2332
“The best way to predict the future is to create it”
Advertising your Vacancy
Click here to send an email or ring 0845 242 2332 to get help and advice from one of our experienced recruitment consultants.
Alternatively you can save time and submit your vacancy online and one of our recruitment consultants will contact you within 24 hours to discuss your specific requirements in more detail. Click here to submit your vacancy.